- Strengthening expectations for challenging academic and technical rigor in Career and Technical Education programs.
- Increasing partnerships with postsecondary community colleges to provide a smooth transition in all Career and Technical Education program areas.
- Investing in professional development for Career and Technical Education teachers to result in positive outcomes.
- Maximizing career development opportunities for students at all instructional levels through increased collaboration with academic teachers.
- Expanding community partnerships with business and industry to develop a premier workforce preparation system.
- Preparing students for high wage/ high demand occupations and career pathways to enhance the competitive edge and economic development of Arizona.
- Promoting the Arizona Workplace Standards for all students.
- Showcasing innovative and exemplary practices in quality Career and Technical Education programs that include the following elements:
- Industry validated curricula
- Integration of academic skills
- Work-based learning opportunities
- Articulation with postsecondary
- Industry partnerships
- Leadership and personal development